Fire on the 20th Floor — A Parent’s Worst Nightmare

Firefighters fought a four-alarm blaze at my daughter’s building in midtown Manhattan. The blaze, caused by an e-bike’s lithium-ion battery, engulfed the 20th floor. Nearly 40 people were injured, and 7 were critically harmed. The water and smoke damage displaced numerous families. Some ceilings collapsed, and toxic fumes filled the building. Elderly tenants could not climb 34 flights of stairs to…

--

--

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
Alexis Azria

Writer and curious creator. Passionate about work, life & social issues. Visit alexisazria.com