Fire on the 20th Floor — A Parent’s Worst Nightmare

Firefighters fought a four-alarm blaze at my daughter’s building in midtown Manhattan. The blaze, caused by an e-bike’s lithium-ion battery, engulfed the 20th floor. Nearly 40 people were injured, and 7 were critically harmed. The water and smoke damage displaced numerous families. Some ceilings collapsed, and toxic fumes filled the building. Elderly tenants could not climb 34 flights of stairs to…

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
Alexis Azria

Writer and curious creator. Passionate about work, life & social issues. Visit alexisazria.com